Hi everyone! It has been awhile since our last update on the blog and there is a very good reason for that. However we can not discuss it yet, but I promise when we do you will all be excited.
I wanted to knock out some quick orders of business here.
- Very soon (in the next few months) we are anticipating a massive hiring spree for the item above we can not talk about yet. We have approximately 15-20 openings that we are looking at but we aren't counting our chickens before they hatch so that will have to wait for a future update.
- Percy's Predicament Deluxe
- Monty has been busy working on the project above which has slowed development of Percy's Predicament Deluxe for the New Nintendo 3DS. However he has informed me that it will be entering lotcheck by the end of March and will hopefully launch in April for the Nintendo 3DS eShop. He is single handedly managing this port so it is taking longer than we would like here at the Studio. As the late Iwata-san would say "Please Understand".
- Future Projects
- MoonChild(Tentative Name) is progressing nicely at a slow and steady pace. It really is our coming out to our own game so we are taking our time on it. However, we anticipate that this will speed up very soon as well when we introduce our job openings.
- Second Sight Labs - We have cancelled our agreement with our publisher for this title. As we developed it, we came to the conclusion it was not suitable for WebGL and our publisher agreed. So what does this mean for the game? Well nothing really, we are currently working on bringing this title over to the New Nintendo 3DS as well and it is going very well. We anticipate this being a late summer release and our second title on the New Nintendo 3DS following our Percy port.
- Parallel Shift is our final New Nintendo 3DS game and while we are very happy with its development and it is nearing completion for PC, it appears it may not run well on the New Nintendo 3DS without some major code overload so we may end up bringing this to another platform instead.
- Port Project(Unannounced). We also are working on porting a title to a next-gen console that we will reveal at a time that we have secured a publisher for it.
- Lastly, we have a small 3DS/Vita Project in the works that we are looking forward to speaking about further in the future. It is being done by a solo dev on the team so its more of a small passion project for them at this time. When we have some additional bandwidth to support them, we will discuss this title at that time.
- We are building a publishing entity called Phantom Power Entertainment, and it is awesome. We are working with some great partners to ensure its success as it is a collective publisher essentially. We look forward to talking about it further when the business goes live this summer.
That is all the news I have for you now. Enjoy the Gaming World!